Last weekend my friends and I went for a retreat at a place
called The Farm. The place does pretty much look like a farm because of its
ambient and animals around. For those who love natures would have enjoyed the
environment around. For a city girl like me, I wasn’t really comfortable with
the environment. The moment I reached the place and saw everything around me,
the thing that came to my mind was I wished I was at home.
Since I was already there I had no choice but to spend my time there for the next two days. Throughout the retreat, there were many thoughts that were running through my mind. Things that I was imagining that might happen. This was because from the first moment I stepped into the place I didn’t like it.
Since I was already there I had no choice but to spend my time there for the next two days. Throughout the retreat, there were many thoughts that were running through my mind. Things that I was imagining that might happen. This was because from the first moment I stepped into the place I didn’t like it.
When we're having outdoor activities in an open area covered
with grass all my mind kept thinking what if a giant python comes out chasing after
us and start killing and eating us because it's hungry. Around the area there
were bees and many other insects I can’t help but to think what would happen if
some genetically modified bees or insects actually sting us or bite us. We
might die or maybe turn into some sort of a human creature. As we were relaxing
near the pond, one of my friends said I think I see something that looks like a
big iguana and I said maybe it’s a baby crocodile. Then my mind starts to
wonder if there’s a baby crocodile in the pond, there might be a bigger
crocodile in the pond as well. It’s going to be bad if the crocodile jumps up
from the pond and attack us while we were relaxing. Somehow all these thoughts
that occur in me just didn’t allow me to explore much of the place. I spent most
of my time sitting around the banglo.
Moreover, for the past two nights since I’ve been there, I could
not get any sleep. When night comes, all the lights were off except for the
washroom lights and porch light. The place was dark and spooky to me. It was
freezing cold and the sound of nature just kept me awake. Furthermore, there
were not enough rooms to fit all of us so some of my friends and I had to sleep
in the living area facing the porch which is not gated. With all the noises and
a cat walking up and down just disturbs me. Looking out to the porch makes me think
what if a robber suddenly comes up to us trying to rob us or maybe someone
kidnapping me away. I even thought what if zombies were true, what might happen
if there were zombies coming to us from the nearby grave when we’re sleeping. I
just did not have a piece of mind for myself to go to bed. All I could wish for
at that moment is to go home to my own room with four walls and my own comfy
bed to sleep.
However, I did enjoy having a good time with my friends. I
don’t mind going on another retreat with them. If I had a choice I would not
want to go back to The Farm or somewhere similar to it for another retreat. I
hope that the next trip would be a better place with lots of fun and hopefully I
could really enjoy myself to the fullest.
No comments:
Post a Comment