Tuesday, 6 August 2013

People & Selfishness

What can selfishness do to a person? Why must people be selfish? How selfish can a person be? Being selfish is it even the right thing to do? Does it help you solve things up? Are there really selfish people around?

I believe that God created everyone with an image of their own. Everyone has their very own personality. Each and every individual has their perspective of seeing and reacting to things or situations.

I have heard people telling me that it is right to be selfish. Sometimes you just got to be selfish to get what you want or please your own self. The other day I was telling some friends that I helped one of my friends with her work till late night and I did not manage to get any sleep. Then one them walk up to me and tell me that, you have to be selfish for your own good. You can’t be helping others and sacrifice yourself. After hearing those words I realise there are people that would be selfish to themselves. They are not willing to sacrifice time to help another friend. They do the best for themselves first before thinking of others. I start to think should I be more selfish just to have time for myself. But then I am not that kind of person that would not help a friend that is need of help. 

People say you must always think for yourself first. However, most of the time I put others first before me. In this case I just don’t know how to be selfish with myself. I have also realised that there is a time that I have been a very selfish person. Which is when I’m in a relationship with someone. I have always wanted things to go my way and hoping things would turn out to be great. I have not fully put myself in my partner's shoes. I have tried to understand but then I guess I have not fully put effort into understanding my partner’s stand. Something that I understand and realise after all things had ended between us.

Well, no matter who we are I feel that there are times that we are just simply being selfish at times. It all just depends on the situation and with whom. No one is perfect in this world. We are just normal human living our lives. You can be selfish, but be selfish for the right reasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment